Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Divergent by Veronica Roth

In a world where everyone is divided based on their traits, one choice truly can transform you. In Beatrice's world, everyone is assigned to their own faction that try to do their own part to help keep the human race in line. Abnegation stands for selflessness, Dauntless stand for bravery, Erudite stands for wisdom, Candor stands for honesty, and Amnity stands for peace. At 16, everyone must choose which faction they will join. Soon, the day comes for Beatrice to decide if she will stay with her home faction, Abnegation. Will she adhere to her family and friends expectations, or will she follow her heart and dare to do the unexpected?
I loved this book because it was so heart pounding and fast. Around every corner was a new twist and it was so exciting! Veronica Roth spun a daring story. I loved Beatrice's character change. Without giving away too much, I will say that, although I have seen a lot character progression, Beatrice's was my favorite. I can't wait for the movie and I recommend this book! -j.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment