Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Roar by Emma Clayton

Mika lives in a concrete world where everything is man-made. Everyone is packed together in one city that keeps the rest of the world out with metal walls and cyborgs because the world outside is a poisonous wasteland. Mika's sister Ellie vanished years ago without a trace, leaving everyone thinking she must have drowned. But deep in his heart, Mika knows she is alive. So when a mysterious group holds a contest to see who can win Pod Fighter, a game where you have to fight other people, Mika joins in, using it as a cover to find his sister, and the truth.
I loved this book and I couldn't help thinking how plausible parts were at times. It's scary how depressing our outlook is for the future. But I loved how beneath the story was a theme of unity. I loved it and I'm reading it again. You should too! -J.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment